Terms and Conditions of any purchases, repairs or any other form of services from Scanda Wood Products cc.
Standard Conditions of Agreement Policy
The customer agrees that this Agreement represents the entire Agreement between the customer & Scanda Wood Products cc.& that this Agreement represents the Policy of Scanda Wood Products cc.& is final & binding.
It is the sole responsibility of the Customer to determine that the goods &/or services ordered & purchased are suitable for the purposes intended.
1. Scanda Wood Products cc.is not liable to you or to any third party for any injury, including, but not limited to, death or damage caused by or resulting from misused or abused machinery, and/or machinery subject to fair wear and tear, and/or machinery damaged by the customer or any of its agents, employees or representatives.”
2. All quotations remain valid for a period of 2 (two) weeks from the date of quotation.
3. All quotations are subject to the availability of the goods or services & subject to good faith errors by Scanda Wood Products cc. and the prices quoted are subject to any increases in the cost price, including currency fluctuations. The customer will be notified if any increases apply, and will be afforded the opportunity to either accept or decline the amended quote.”
4. If a customer disputes the amount of increase, the amount of the increase may be certified by an independent auditor & such certificate shall be final & binding on the Customer.
5. The customer hereby confirms that the goods & services on any Tax invoice issued, duly represent the goods & services ordered by the Customer at the prices agreed to by the Customer, and where delivery/performance has already taken place, that the goods or services were inspected and that the customer is satisfied that these conform in all respects to the quality and quantity ordered and are free from any defects.
6. Notwithstanding the provisions of clause 1 above, all orders or agreed variations to orders, whether orally or in writing, shall be binding and subject to these standard conditions of Agreement and may not be revoked by the customer.
7. Any delivery note, waybill or job card signed by the customer or a third party engaged to transport the goods & held by Scanda Wood Products cc. shall be proof that the delivery was made to the Customer.
8. Delivery & performance times quoted are merely estimates & are not binding to Scanda Wood Products cc. “Scanda Wood Products cc. shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature, including consequential loss or damage and loss for profit arising out of delays or failure to deliver due to fire, explosion, unavoidable breakdown of machinery, government acts and/or regulations, strikes, war (declared or not) or by any other acts of God or similar circumstances which are reasonably beyond the control of, and unforeseen by, Scanda Wood Products cc.”
9. Repair times and repair costs are merely estimates and are not binding on Scanda Wood Products cc.
10. Any item handed in for repair may be sold by Scanda Wood Products cc. to defray the costs of such repairs if the item remains uncollected within 30 days of the repairs being completed.
11. “New goods are guaranteed according to the Manufacturer’s product specific warranties only. Labour and parts replaced are guaranteed, according to the Manufacture’s product specific warranties, for a period of 3 months.”
12. Liability under clause 11 is restricted to the cost of repair or replacement of faulty goods or services or granting of a credit at the sole discretion of Scanda Wood Products cc.
13. No claim under this Agreement shall arise unless the customer has, within 3 days of an alleged breach of contract and/or defect, given Scanda Wood Products cc. written notice by prepaid registered post of such breach /or defect or has physically returned any items to the premises of Scanda Wood Products cc. & that those items have been accepted in writing, and has afforded Scanda Wood Products cc. at least 30 days to rectify such breach /or defect.
14. To be valid, claims must be supported by an original Tax Invoice.
15. Any defective movable goods returned must be returned in its original or suitable packaging and accompanied with the proof of purchase.
16. All guarantees are immediately null & void should any goods be tampered with, used or should the seals be broken by anyone other than Scanda Wood Products cc. or should the goods be used or stored outside the manufacturer’s specifications.
17. Under no circumstances will Scanda Wood Products cc. be liable for any damage arising from neglect, misuse or abuse of the goods & services.
18. The customer agrees that the amount contained in a Tax Invoice issued by Scanda Wood Products cc. shall be due & payable unconditionally by cash or direct bank electronic transfer (which must all reflect in the bank account of Scanda Wood Products cc. & be cleared prior to release of any goods or services) or if the customer is a credit approved Customer as per the credit facilities granted by Scanda Wood Products cc.
19. The customer has no right to withhold payment for any reason whatsoever & agrees that no extension of payment of any nature shall be extended to the customer & any such extension will not be applicable or enforceable unless agreed by Scanda Wood Products cc., reduced in writing & signed by a duly authorised representative of Scanda Wood Products cc.
20. All goods supplied by Scanda Wood Products cc. remain the property of Scanda Wood Products cc. until such time that they are paid in full as per the Tax Invoice related to those goods., whether they are attached to property or not. The customer shall not allow the goods to become encumbered until paid in full.
21. The customer agrees that if an account or invoices are not settled in full within the agreed period of time, that Scanda Wood Products cc. is entitled to immediately institute action against the Customer at the sole expense of the customer, or to cancel the agreement & take possession of any goods taken by the Customer & claim damages.
22. The customer irrevocably authorises Scanda Wood Products cc. to enter its premises to repossess any goods delivered and indemnifies Scanda Wood Products cc. completely against any damage caused beyond Scanda Wood Products cc.’ control relating to the removal of repossessed goods.
23. The customer hereby consents that Scanda Wood Products cc. shall have the right to institute any legal action in either the Magistrates Court or the local Division of the High Court at their sole discretion.
24. The customer undertakes to inform Scanda Wood Products cc. in writing within 5 days of change of Director, Member, Shareholder, Owner or Partner or address or 14 days prior to selling the Customer’s business & failure to do so will constitute a material breach of this Agreement & Scanda Wood Products cc. reserves the right to withdraw any credit facility advanced to the customer.
25. Any order is subject to cancellation due to Acts of God or any circumstance beyond the control of Scanda Wood Products cc.
Suspension of Accounts
If you fail to pay the statement balance on the due date, or breach this contract, Scanda Wood Products cc. reserves the right to automatically suspend your account & stop supply.
- If the outstanding amount is paid or the breach is remedied within 30 (thirty) days from the date that the breach occurred, the contract, at the sole discretion of Scanda Wood Products cc., may be reinstated.
- Scanda Wood Products cc. shall be entitled to withdraw credit facilities at any time within its sole discretion.